The Right of Way Trainee will work alongside the Sr. Right-of-Way Agent and Project Manager to learn the numerous disciplines of being a right-of-way agent. The trainee will shadow and learn how to acquire new easements, temporary easements, assist in permitting and provide support for projects as needed on a per project basis.
On-the-Job training will be provided.
Other duties may include:
Learn and comply to applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Perform basic right-of-way negotiations and easement acquisitions under guidance of Sr Agent
Prepare real estate documents
Performs basic property research for ownership and boundary information
Prepare communications for property owners and their representatives for the acquisition of easements
Performs general administrative work as required, including but not limited to preparing legal documents, reports and correspondence, attending meetings, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents for file management, verbal and written communications with customers; customer service and related functions
- Strong communication skills and good interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Minimal administrative skills needed to manage files and records.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, as well as balance multiple projects by prioritizing effectively.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, specifically:
- Excel – able to add/delete rows and columns, sort and filter, search for data within a workbook
- Word – must be able to format documents and letters, and track changes made to documents; must be able to upload documents into a shared online database
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner and detail oriented.
- Resourceful, action-oriented, and an analytical thinker.
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and other business correspondence.
- Travel required ~25%
- English language proficient
- Valid Driver’s License