Right of Way Agent
Posted 1 month ago
- Contact the owners of interests in land regarding the acquisition of real property rights, amendments of rights, notifications of entry, settlement of claims and other matters.
- Responsible for purchasing property by negotiating with the property owners, analyzing property appraisals and making recommendations to the client using real estate practices, legal concepts, governmental standards and regulations.
- Represent the client in complex negotiations with property owners and attorneys.
- Responsible for recommending to the client whether a reasonable compromise is likely and further negotiations should be pursued or whether to pursue condemnation litigation.
- Responsible for recommending payment increases to the client if the property owner has a legitimate basis for seeking a substantially higher amount.
- Responsible for estimating areas of potential damage in advance of construction and accumulate information as to damages occurring during construction.
- Responsible for preparing lawsuit packages for condemnation proceedings, assisting the client’s attorney and serving as an expert witness in mediation or trial if the negotiation process fails.
- Capable of working unsupervised in a variety of roles.
- Well qualified in a specialized area such as land title, legal descriptions, regulatory matters or acquisition that they are selected to work only in this area of special expertise.
- May be responsible for Right of Way operations and maintenance.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position is responsible for working with all office staff, ensuring a healthy work environment and the satisfaction of all staff. Must be able to work effectively and professionally with office staff, the client and landowners
- Must have 3 years of land acquisition experience.
- Must have 2 years of full due diligence and title experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Right of Way acquisition experience.
- Experience in interpretation of documents and in the use of all of the tools required in the Right of Way field.
- Extensive acquisition experience.
- Broad array of knowledge in all phases of Right of Way.
- Understanding of environmental issues.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Land Acquisition: 3 years (Required)
- Due Diligence: 2 years (Required)
- Right of Way: 3 years (Required)