- Search computerized and manual title information property records and determine instruments filed in public records. May map legal descriptions to obtain correct search parameters.
- Determine and ensure that property has been researched properly and information relating to parties involved and taxes are accurate. Ensure that base title information is within The Fund’s guidelines.
- Examine all documents in chain of title for validity based on comprehensive knowledge of legal descriptions, real property laws, and The Fund’s Title Notes.
- Organize title information and ensure the proper documentation of research evidence.
- Prepare final product utilizing internal programs, or may prepare worksheet from which final product will be prepared. Attach copies of applicable instruments and ad valorem tax information.
- Progressively advance examination knowledge and experience by supporting increasingly complex title transactions under direct supervision of a Senior Examiner or Manager.
- Interact with internal and external customers to discuss findings, documentation needed, and answer inquiries. Forward escalated issues or inquiries to the manager as necessary.
- Identify and communicate with attorney any issues relating to title.Provide assistance with resolving issues.
- Participate in quality assurance review of examined products prior to delivery to customer as required.
- Assist in training and coaching of Examiner Trainees.
- Maintain current awareness and knowledge of changes in laws, regulations and procedures affecting real property.
Knowledge of the title insurance and information industry is preferred
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Prior Title Examination experience strongly preferred.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Math Proficiency
- Windows and Microsoft Office